There are some days where I just want to throw stuff on a sheet pan and bake it. These Chinese Sheet Pan chicken wings are just the ticket. Chicken wings are one of life's great pleasures - and these little Chinese morsels deliver on taste bigly! If you're in the game for a simple chicken wings recipe, then the search stops here.
Five-spice, five-minutes... high five!
I love the Chinese flavours in this recipe, especially the wonderful 5-spice powder. A heady mix of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, Sichuan peppercorns and my favourite; star anise! It doesn't get more authentic in Chinese flavour than that! All that's required is a bit of marination. The longer you can leave it, the better - you won't believe how much flavour can permeate the chicken, just by letting science do its thing for 24 hours. Get organised! Get it done in 5 minutes!
Super easy to cook... Holy sheet (pan)!
When you're ready to eat, all that you need to do is tip the wings onto a sheet pan and bake. How is that for convenience?! So there's nothing more to say - if you're looking for the tastiest chicken wings you'll ever taste, then give these a try - they're a delight.
How to make my Chinese Sheet Pan Chicken Wings
For garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 spring onion (finely sliced)
- fresh coriander (chopped)
- Add all the ingredients (except the garnishes) together in a bowl or plastic bag and combine well. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refigerate for as long as you can. 24 hours is KING, but 2-3 hours will do the trick if you're desperate.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºCTip the chicken onto a sheet pan then bake/roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is nice and browned.
- Sprinkle over with the sesame seeds, spring onion and fresh coriander. I serve mine in the centre of the table on the sheet pan.
Nutrition (per serving)
I’m the one in charge here at Cook Eat Blog. You may have noticed that I like food. I live for food, to find it, cook it, eat it, photograph it and talk about it. I hope you like my food too – leave me a message if you do!
Cook.Eat.Blog. is my happy place to share all that I cook and eat with the you all – you’re welcome!